The Most Affordable Noche Buena Food Products According to DTI
Seeing prices increase every week can be a sobering thought, but the good news is that along with these price hikes are also price decreases. You just need to know what kinds of food are more affordable this week than it was last week to make your budget stretch for the coming week.
That's why this Noche Buena food product price guide published last November 23 by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) is so important! It lists the suggested retail prices (SRP) of the most common noche buena ingredients.
From the price of different kinds of ham, including the brands that are available, to the fruit cocktail cans that are essential to the easy fruit salad you prepare every year, the list can help you manage your budget before you even leave the house. Just note that since these are all SRPs, the prices at the supermarket maybe higher (or lower) according to the store you visit.
According to the list, these are the most affordable Noche Buena food products this year:
- Ham: CDO American Ham, 500 grams, P163
- Fruit Cocktail: Seasons Tropical Fruit Cocktail, 432 grams, P56
- Cheese: Eden Filled Cheese, 160 grams, P55
- Mayonnaise: Best Food Regular Mayonnaise Mayo Magic, 80 ml, P24
- Sandwich Spread: Cheez Whiz Regular (Stand up pouch), 60 ml, P26
- Spaghetti: Amigo Seguardo Spaghetti, 200 grams, P25.50
- SaladMacaroni: Royal Salad Macaroni, 200 grams, P36.50
- Spaghetti Sauce: Del Monte Carbonara, 200 grams, P35.50
- Tomato Sauce: UFC Tomato Sauce, 115 grams, P17.25
- All-Purpose Cream: Alaska Crema, 250 ml, P63
Here's the full list of Noche Buena food and their prices that the DTI collected for your shopping convenience:
Here are all the Noche Buena food products and their prices available this year. Illustrator DTI
For more information about the price monitoring of selected agricultural and fishery commodities in the metro by the Department of Agriculture,vis t Price Watch on the government agency's website.
Price Alert is a weekly roundup of the prices of common good and other ingredients monitored using the Department of Agriculture's Price Watch.
This story originally appeared on Yummy.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Realliving.com.ph editors.
More on Realliving.com.ph