Fully Vaccinated? You Can Now Visit Fort Santiago for Free
It's happening from November 15 to 30.
With vaccination efforts now underway and reported COVID-19 cases declining, Metro Manila is now reopening most establishments to the public. Intramuros, which is a historic and cultural complex of indoor and outdoor attractions, also started receiving guests--with extra perks for the fully vaccinated. Entrance to Fort Santiago is free of charge from November 15 to 30 as long as you received your complete dose of COVID-19 vaccine. Plus, you can also receive a cool Intramuros-themed Beep Card when you're one of the first 50 visitors of Baluarte San Diego and Casa Manila Museum for the day.
Here are the health guidelines for visiting Fort Santiago Intramuros and other sites (as of November 12):
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, who are 65 years old and below, are allowed in indoor sites and museums, such as the Dungeons, the iMake History Fortress, and Casa Manila.
- Ages 66 and up are not yet allowed in any Intramuros site.
- Those below 18 years of age must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
- All visitors shall undergo mandatory temperature check at the entrances.
- You're also required to access the online tracing form through the posted QR codes. You can also access the links: /bit.ly/fosanti for Fort Santiago, /bit.ly/bsndiego for Baluarte de San Diego, and /bit.ly/casamnl for Casa Manila Museum.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Physical distancing of at least one meter from one another in communal areas is recommended.
Fort Santiago is open from Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; and from Saturday to Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Entrance fee (through PayMaya or cash) is P75 for adults, and P50 for students and PWDs. It has a maximum capacity of 150 pax at a time.
The Dungeons and iMake History Fortress, which are both indoor attractions within Fort Santiago, follows the same operating hours. The former has a limit of four pax at a time,while the latter has a maximum capacity of 10 pax at a time.
Casa Manila Museum is open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Entrance fee (through PayMaya or cash) is P75 for adults, and P50 for students and PWDs. It has a maximum capacity of 15 pax at a time, with groups strictly composed of five individuals.
Baluarte de San Diego is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Enrance fee (through PayMaya or cash) is P75 for adults, and P50 for students and PWDs. Maximum capacity is at 80 pax at a time.
* * *
This story originally appeared on Spot.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Realliving.com.ph editors.
More on Realliving.com.ph
Real Living is now on Quento! Enjoy more of our stories by clicking here to download the app.Load More Stories