RL Ideas: Give Your Family Room a Fresh, New Look
Create a room that your kids will love, too
Up the ante of your family’s quality time by having a room that’s meant for relaxing and having fun. Here’s an easy 1-2-3 guide.
Picks and Styling by Issa Villar and Dagny Madamba. Assisted by Tala Singson. Photographed by Paolo Feliciano.
Read the original article ("5 Easy Pieces") in the July 2013 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
- You probably have a three-seater in your living room by now, so move that sofa bed to your extra room.
- Define your lounge area with a rug in a dynamic pattern—get a big rug so that anyone can plop down on the floor.
- Center your sofa bed in your family room (it can still serve as a bed if your kids’ friends decide to sleep over).
- Add stools for extra seating.
- Position your console as a sofa-back table that will define the space from the rest of the room; it can also double as your “multi-media area” for turntables, iPod docks, and the like.
- Hang a grouping of lamps at different heights in one corner.
Some pieces that may come in handy:
IN BACKGROUND: Rita Side Table, P21,800 (Space Encounters); Yellow Floor Lamp P12,195 (Dimensione); Crosley Cruiser Turntable in Blue, P8,200 (Heima)
ON SOFA: Graphic Pillow P2,200 (Heima); Ikat Bungalow Pillow P795 (Dimensione)
IN FOREGROUND: Gravity Stool, P8,500 (Space Encounters); Metal Coffee Table, P13,600 (Heima); Barnstormer Board Game, P880 (AC+632); Dotty Rug in Wool, P15, 415, Decoliving Manila
*Prices are subject to change.
To view a list of stores and suppliers, click here.