DIY: Ocean Bath Mats
Make your morning showers feel like walking by the shore
Do you know that feeling of relaxation that washes over you after a long walk on a surf-tumbled beach? Apparently, it's not just because we're away from the stress of city life.
Walking on cobblestone can massage and stimulate acupressure points which are connected to various energy meridians of the body. According to a study made by the Oregon Research Institute (ORI), stepping or walking on cobblestone surfaces can also result in reduced blood pressure and improvement in balance for adults over 60 years old.
What are you waiting for? With a mat and some rocks you can buy by the pound, you can have a foot rub and beach-combing adventure right in your T&B! Here's how you can do it:
What you need:
- Outdoor Rubber Mat (preferably one with holes to allow water to drain)
- Natural or store-bought ocean, river stones or cobblestone (make sure they are porous and not polished)
- Waterproof Silicone Sealer
- Arrange your stones to make sure you have enough to fit your mat. It's best to place the largest rocks over the holes so water can run through without the gaps being visible.
- Start from one corner, apply silicone sealer on the back and place down on the mat. Hold it for a few seconds to a minute to make sure it's glued down. Repeat process with the remaining stones.
RL Tip: Most sealers set after three to five hours, but it's ideal to wait a day before using the mat to make sure the rocks will hold.
All photos from Tatooed Martha.
More on Realliving.com.ph