You Can Use This Beauty Must-Have To Repair Your Window Screens
The best thing about having window screens is it keeps the home safe from pesky insects while letting in air and natural light. However, over time, you may notice holes in the screens—proof that your unwanted guests are committed to invading your haven. While you can always have it repaired or replaced, there’s an easy DIY solution you can count on using a readily available beauty must-have!
Coats of clear nail polish can be used to repair small holes, make it harder for insects to get inside your house, and seal the damaged area to keep it from getting bigger. Though this hack works for damages and holes that measure 1/8 inch or smaller, it’s still a good way of preventing bigger problems in the future. Take note of the steps below:
What you need:
- Damp washcloth or a soft-bristled brush
- A bottle of clear nail polish
- Small paintbrush
1. Give your screen a good wipe down using a damp washcloth. You can also use a soft-bristled brush to get rid of dust and grime.
2. Make sure the screen is clean and dry before applying the nail polish.
3. Go through the screen and identify the parts with holes. Using your paintbrush, paint over the hole and make sure it’s covered entirely. Once you’ve painted the damaged area, avoid dipping the paintbrush again to keep your bottle of nail polish clean.
4. Let it dry.
5. When the first coat has dried, apply a second coat of nail polish.
RL Tip: For bigger holes, you can sew it or use patches that area available in most hardware stores. You can also consult with your supplier or ask a professional to avoid further damages.
More on Realliving.com.ph