The One Mistake We Make When Cleaning
Do you begin your cleaning session by sweeping floors?
When it comes to cleaning the house, we all have routines we’d like to follow. Some do it per area and there are those who’d start in the rooms before tackling the common areas. We’d like to believe that our must-dos work, but many of us are guilty of one cleaning mistake. Any idea as to what it is?
It’s as simple as NOT cleaning the home from top to bottom! Doing dusting last can leave you with dirt on the floor so you don't have any other choice but to give the home another good sweep. It can be time-consuming, right?
Clean the house swiftly and efficiently with these tips:
1. Return your things in its proper place. Are there clothes on floor? Place them in the hamper. Do you have books scattered all over the house? Gather them in one basket. Clear the rooms of clutter so you can clean each space thoroughly.
2. Keeping in mind the top-to-bottom, left-to-right hack, dust your shelves beginning at the topmost tier then work your way down. Make sure you give your tables, thick drapes, and other surfaces a good wipe down, too.
3. Roll up the rugs and carpets so you can sweep and vacuum each room.
4. Wipe your lamps, frames, and décor pieces to make sure these are free from dust and dirt.
5. Replace your curtains at least every two weeks to avoid dust and dirt buildup.
6. Once you’ve accomplished the tasks covering taller pieces and items placed on top, you may start sweeping the floors and vacuuming hard-to-reach crannies. Cap off your cleaning routine with a good mop to achieve shiny floors.
Planning to deep clean the common areas at home? Here are must-dos to remember:
In the living area
- Organize the coffee table and make sure all controls are in one catchall
- Fluff the pillows and check the crevices of your sofa for clutter and tiny items that can get stuck in between
- Roll up the rugs and have these vacuumed
- Dust the shelves and tables
In the kitchen
- Clean the top of cabinets, the stove, and the appliances
- As much as possible, move the appliances so you can clean the surface underneath
- Organize your fridge and pantry by getting rid of expired items
- Wipe and disinfect the countertops using an all-purpose cleaner
- Scrub the floors
In the bathroom
- Wipe the fixtures and clean these with an old toothbrush to get rid of soap buildup
- Replace your shower curtain
- Scrub the floors and walls
- De-clutter the counter and your storage nook
- Leave the door open and air it out to avoid molds and mildew
More on Realliving.com.ph