8 Ideas for Cooling Down the Bedroom
You can sleep better when it’s cooler. Check out these ways to cool down your room.
Who doesn't love to rest and relax in a cool and comfortable bedroom? You sleep better when there's a drop in your body temperature. The change can be as little as two degrees, but it makes a big difference in your sleep.
With El Niño upon us, summer is much warmer than usual. Here are some nifty tips to make the bedroom cooler for more relaxing sleep:
- Use blinds and curtains. Natural light lessens energy consumption but invites unwanted heat into the room. Blinds and curtains can block too much heat from coming in.
- Leave bathroom fans on. The exhaust fan in the bathroom can push out hot air from the bedroom and lets cooler air in.
- Let the night air in. If you have sturdy screens, keep your windows open. Let the evening and early morning breeze help your bedroom be cooler.
- Change your lighting. Switch to compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) or LED bulbs, which are cooler and more energy-efficient than incandescent bulbs.
- Hack your fan. Got no AC? Use a fan with a bowl of salted ice in front of it.
- Unplug appliances. Appliances and electronic devices give off heat. Unplugging them when not in use helps prevent heat buildup in the bedroom.
- Keep clutter at bay. If your bedroom is cluttered, the air may not circulate properly. Moreover, certain items, such as piles of clothes, absorb heat. Regularly rid your room of clutter for a more relaxing ambience.
- Choose your sheets wisely. Go for sheets made from natural fibers, which are breathable and better than synthetic ones at keeping you cool and dry. Cotton (or cotton blends such as sateen and percale) and linen are great choices.
For even cooler and more comfortable sleep, choose the Senso Memory Ultima premium mattress from Uratex. It's designed to deliver exceptional sleep comfort, thanks to its revolutionary memory foam. Infused with Hydragel Technology, its blue gel beads lower your body temperature by up to two degrees.
To add to your cool comfort, Senso Memory Ultima is covered with Tencel fabric. This breathable fabric adds a level of coolness to the mattress, which adds to your superior sleep experience.
Experience the cool difference of Senso Memory Ultima mattress. Visit the nearest Uratex showroom or www.uratex.com.ph.