7 Ways to Take Care of Your Pillows
Retain your pillow’s size, shape, and fillings with these reminders
Whether you prefer sleeping with soft body pillows or firm wedge pillows, you must learn how to maintain your pillow’s shape and quality, for a good night’s rest.
Let these tips guide you in taking care of your comfy buddies.
Styling by Interior designers Leslie Ledesma and Kathlyn Villapando (Worldbex), Main photo by Mark Francis Jesalva.
- Fluff your pillows daily to maintain its texture and to keep the fillings intact.
- Purchase a comfy pillowcase to guard your pillows from stains. Make sure that the case is machine-washable so that you can wash it regularly.
- Pillows made from natural and synthetic fibers can be washed in the laundry machine. It’s advisable to clean it every three months to remove bad odor and bacteria. Make sure you read your pillow’s care label for more detailed instructions.
- Don't let your pillows get wet. This may cause mold growth, which then leads to breakage. If however your pillow gets wet, make sure you air dry it to absorb heat.
- Pillows made from wool and silk can’t be laundered inside a machine. If these pillows have stains, gently use a mild dishwashing liquid or create a baking soda paste to remove the stain.
- If you have allergies like rhinitis, it’s advisable to dry your pillows under the sun every three months to remove unwanted allergens. Also, fresh air and sunlight can help eliminate bad odors.
- Do not use plastic bags when storing pillows. This might trap moisture inside the fillings, which can cause mold or mildew growth. Keep your pillows inside breathable bags instead.
RL Tip: When buying pillows, look for pieces with "micro-feather" labels. These must-haves make sleep even more relaxing.
More on Realliving.com.ph