6 Ways To Care For Vinyl Tiles
Regular and meticulous maintenance is required!
It’s impossible not to love the practicality of having vinyl tiles: they are sturdy, comfortable to walk on and reasonably priced. The only downside? Ridding them of stains isn’t quite as easy as picking out a pattern. To help you keep them in good condition, here’s a step-by-step guide you can follow:
1. Wipe up spills at once. Sweep or vacuum regularly, setting the cleaner at the lowest speed. If the tiles are often wet, like those near a swimming pool, hose them down with pressurized water every two weeks.
2. If this method fails, pour half a cup of mild detergent or liquid floor cleaner into lukewarm water. Apply a bit of the solution with a mop or a sponge and rinse.
3. Attack stubborn sticky spots with half a cup of white vinegar mixed with equal parts water.
4. Erase scuffs made by shoes and slippers with eucalyptus oil applied with a soft washcloth.
3. Never use anything abrasive. These may clean up the mess, but it will also scratch your tiles—go for a plastic mesh pad instead.
5. Too much sunlight may cause the discoloration of vinyl tiles or cause tile corners to curl up. If strong sunlight falls from your window to your floors, make sure to install curtains.
6. Avoid scratches by using felt paper to pad furniture parts that are in contact with your flooring.
Read the original article (Vinyl Tiles) in the July-August 2003 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph