This Online Shop Sells Pretty Air Purifying Plants For Your Home
With Happy Plant Co., happiness is a potted plant in a corner of your living area or bedroom
Instagram is a black hole of lovely things—from travel photos and posh OOTDs, to mouthwatering food shots and captivating vignettes. Aside from these things that make us double tap, plant photos are also top contenders for having the most number of likes. Who wouldn’t be stopped by these refreshing snaps, anyway? Many homeowners have mastered the skill of using these potted wonders as part of their décor and a number of stores offering various plants and planters have gained a strong following online, too. Since we’re always on the lookout for shops that can help you achieve your best home yet, you may want to give Happy Plant a follow. Trust us, you’ll fall in love with this indoor plant expert as well.
From plant vignettes to stunning green picks, Happy Plant’s feed is brimming with inspiration, ideas, and of course—plants that you’ll love to add to your space. Would you believe that this tiny green endeavor began only last May? “It all began with the pursuit of reviving our garden at home. It was always groomed and landscaped when we were younger, until a few years ago. Our family just didn’t have the time to have it maintained anymore. Seeing the top soil erosion, dirt, and the plants struggling to survive made me sad. I decided to try my hand at landscaping our garden. I would do sections over the weekend, until it started to come together. Getting your hands dirty, touching the plants and the soil are the only ways to do it. It took a lot of time and patience,” recalls Stephanie Dan, the young lady behind Happy Plant.
After seeing how her own space bloomed, Stephanie made it her mission to spread the word about the benefits of indoor plants and how it can improve not just a space, but one’s overall well-being as well. The passionate plant lady shares that plants don’t just have air purifying properties; there are plants that can boost our health, help improve our mood, and even aid in our healing. If you need help concentrating or getting some work done, the right set of greens can come to the rescue. "Two Norwegian studies found that workers’ productivity, creativity, and quality of work are greatly enhanced by the presence of plants,” shares Stephanie. No wonder we can see a potted plant almost everywhere—from malls and clinics, to schools and even tiny houses.
Are you ready to transform your home into a lush haven? Take note of these Happy Plant basics:
1. Happy Plant is committed to providing customers with modern indoor plant creations and have these delivered right to their doorsteps. Stephanie shares that they don’t just sell these plants, they teach the customers about proper plant care, too.
2. The shop offers planterior recommendations. “We help our customers figure out what plant is right for them based on their interior space, the light source, their liestyle, their needs, and plant experience. They can also customize their happy plant and pick a container of their choice from the available stock. We design and customize our clay pots and source locally made woven baskets. Happy Plant supports local,” explains the owner.
3. They offer repotting by special request. Customers can bring their old plants that are in dire need of reviving.
4. Looking for a specific plant that’s not part of their current catalogue? They'll gladly do the plant hunting for you.
5. Can’t seem to finalize the look of your space with your chosen plants? Happy Plant is open to doing oculars to enable them to give specific solutions and a sound recommendation.
6. Do you share your home with a couple of furry friends? Happy Plant has a pet-friendly category.
7. The price range for small potted plants is from P650 to P1,200—depending on the variety of the plant. Meanwhile, bigger plants cost around P1,500 to P4,000—tall trees that can be added to the living area fall under this category.
8. Expect Happy Plant to go the extra mile for you. “The service we offer is more than what’s listed above. We’re not just here to sell plants, we want to sell happiness. We want the experience to be wonderful from start to finish,” says Stephanie.
9. Some of Happy Plants bestsellers include the air purifying plants, the pet-friendly picks, and the bunch they call “social media plant stars” such as the Fiddle-Leaf Fig and the Monstera Deliciosa.
We stalked Happy Plant’s IG account for our list of favorites. Check them out below and see how you can incorporate these into your space:
The Lemon Button Fern will look good as an accent in the living area. Place it in a slim vase for an instant accent piece.
Planning to add drama to your balcony? You may want to go for the Variegated English Ivy and Calathea Lancifolia. The planters and stands are for sale, too.
Spruce up the dining area with these two beauties—Licuala grandis and Birds’ Nest Fern. Opt for woven baskets as planters for a tropical feel.
Turn your bedroom into a paradise-like escape with a Fiddle-Leaf Fig placed in a woven planter.
RL Tip: Most indoor plants can thrive in low light. Don’t be afraid to ask the experts for tips on how to best care for your potted wonder. Ask about the best watering technique and when to place each under direct sunlight. Plant care involves doing research, a lot of patience, and tender loving care.
Find Happy Plant at the Salcedo Market every Saturday, between 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. You can also visit Mozaic Living to see some of these potted superstars. Mozaic Living is located at #7, 1550 Sheridan, Mandaluyong City. The showroom is open Monday to Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
In photo: Happy Plant Co. owner Stephanie Dan
For inquiries and orders, follow Happy Plant on Facebook (facebook.com/happyplantco) and Instagram (@happyplantco). Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays are potting days. Those who will place an order on a Tuesday can have the plants delivered by Wednesday afternoon. The plants can also be delivered as gifts for friends and loved ones. Customers are welcome to do pick-ups.
More on Realliving.com.ph