How To Speed Clean The Bathroom If You Have Unexpected Visitors
Here's what you can do in 10 minutes (or less!)
Aside from the living area where people hang out and share stories, the bathroom is the part of the home that almost every guest visits during their stay. If you’re having folks over, it’s important to keep your loo as clean as possible—an easy thing to do when you have a lot of time to prep.
However, what do you do on the rare occasion that you’re caught off guard and you’ve only got half an hour left before they arrive? Don’t worry, it’s possible to get the room looking freshly scrubbed in less than 10 minutes. Just take a deep breath and let our handy guide help you through your speed cleaning session. Check it out below:
- Before anything else, grab a garbage bag and hang it by the door. This is the easiest way to gather trash and saves you the hassle of emptying the existing bin in the bathroom.
- Next, flush the toilet. If you have them at home, drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets in the bowl and let it work its magic. Remember to wipe the seat with an antibacterial wipe, too!
- Using a few more antibacterial wipes, clean the faucet handles, sink area, and drawer handles to pick up any rouge hairs or makeup stains.
- If you’re pressed for time, sweep the floor instead of plugging in the vacuum cleaner. Make sure to focus on the corners of the room as this is where dirt usually builds up.
- Quickly fold any towels, dirty clothes or socks lying around and toss them in the laundry hamper.
- Set out clean hand towels, a fresh bar of soap and a roll of toilet paper that guests can use.
- Empty out the trash and you’re done! Don’t forget to take your plastic bag by the door before making an exit.
More on Realliving.com.ph